The two biggest requests we’ve received from users are the ability to read Word files, and to be able to edit the PDFs after the document has been signed. Both of these are security issues in our mind, and really break the concept of what makes PDFs such a great format. We aren’t the only ones who think PDFs are a great format. Adobe posted this article regarding why PDFs are better than sending Word, Excel or Powerpoint files. We tend to agree with their comments. (and yes we edited some of them ).
1) PDFs are Universal. Editing documents in Word can be easy and useful, but if you save a Word document on a Mac, it may not visually transfer properly to a PC; whereas PDFs are viewable on any device.
2) Trusted Security. Even legal professionals trust PDFs as their preferred file format. Signatures on documents signed with SignMyPad are considered legal signatures and have been used in court.
3) Quick and Easy to Create. Whether working with Word, Excel or PowerPoint, documents are easily converted into PDF.
4) Decreases File Size. Professionals can convert any file into a PDF without sacrificing quality. You can even merge multiple documents, such as spreadsheets, photos, and presentations, into a single PDF file.
5) Reading is Free. Most PDF Readers, are free to the public. This ensures that anyone you send the file to will be able to see the full version of your document.
6) Interactive Documents. To create a fully interactive experience, you can add hyperlinks, rich media, music, movies, and many other advanced features to your PDF.
7) Mobile Access. SignMyPad is available on mostly any device, so people can read and sign your PDF files anywhere they want.
8) Completely Searchable. Users can easily find what they are looking for through a quick search. PDF documents can even be organized with a table of contents that link all sections to the appropriate pages in the file.
9) Password Protection. Many industries deal in sensitive material or intellectual copyrights that need an even higher level of security. The password protection option allows both recipients and those receiving the file to know that their information is secure.
10) Document Analytics. Recipients can also view who has access to the information. If the password is breached, the appropriate actions can easily be taken.
Bonus) Collaborating with Teams. Colleagues can markup and comment on documents, leaving you in control of editing the original. Need colleagues to sign documents? Consider using SignMyPad Cloud which will allow you to get documents signed and returned within minutes.